This is a pretty exciting update. We’re launching our first modern title: The Prayer of the Lord by Dr. R.C. Sproul. Honestly, we didn’t expect to be able to have a deal with an actual modern publisher this soon—and we weren’t even 100% sure we would want to if we could. But Ligonier Ministries is one of our favorite confessionally reformed resources. They’re one of the main reasons Sarah and I are reformed, and our congregation often makes use of their teaching resources. Given all of these factors, we were excited to publish something from Dr. R.C. Sproul.
Beyond that, Sarah and I think this book is quite helpful. There are a lot of books on prayer that completely ignore or even diminish Christ’s teaching on prayer. This book is firmly rooted in His teaching on prayer and truly helpful—especially because in our experience, many Christians feel like they should pray more, but also feel that they don’t know how.
Anyway, because this book is on the Lord’s Prayer, you’ll see it show up not just as a resource to be read, but because of Relight’s nifty database and features, you’ll see it as a commentary on many Bible passages about prayer—especially on Matthew 6:9–13. You should also see it show up in the backlinks section of resources that talk about prayer, like the Westminster Larger Catechism question 196.
Oh, and by the way, the book is free to read on Relight! You don’t need to create an account or buy anything. You can just go start reading right now.
- Added The Prayer of the Lord by R.C. Sproul
- You can quickly navigate to a chapter in this book by typing: SproulLordsPrayer and then some number, like 3.
- You’ll also see this resource in the library.
- Paragraphs from this resource should show up in the Backlinks section of any verse it references.
- Where applicable, paragraphs from this resource should show up in Related Content.
- Just use https://beta.relight.app instead of the main domain. Easy.