Some small updates with more to come in this particular update:
- Verse references are now displayed in a more human-readable and consistent way, thanks to a third party library called the Bible Reference Formatter.
- When using a non-Bible resource with footnotes (like a catechism or confession), the verses will now be ordered a bit more correctly. Previously, if Psalm 2:1 through Psalm 12:11 were referenced, you’d get a bizarre behavior where they would be listed Psalm 2:1, Psalm 2:10, Psalm 2:11, Psalm 2:2 because of weird computer science-y things (waves hands).
- This is actually part of a larger effort to get verse ranges to show as: Psalm 2:1–11 and to expand to open up to the first five verses in the range when clicked/tapped. I hope to get this done for this release, but it’s a fair amount of work and it might not go into a future release if it’s holding things up.
- Update: Support for next/previous button when you come to the end/beginning of a Bible book respectively. So when you are on Psalm 150, the next button will show and take you to Proverbs 1 if selected.Likewise, if you’re in Proverbs 1 and tap Previous, you’ll be taken to Psalm 150. This will be useful if you keep a Relight tab open in your browser for things like personal of family devotions.
- As mentioned above, better support for verse ranges, at least when using non-Bible resources like the confessions and catechisms.
Not a lot super exciting, just some things that were bugging me and/or we got requests to fix or tweak.
- Just use https://beta.relight.app instead of the main domain. Easy.