Back when we first started Relight, we said we wanted to eventually add systematic theologies. And you didn’t believe us. You laughed at us. Well, who’s laughing now?
Or maybe you did believe us, in which case, uh… cool. Here you go: It’s a systematic theology!
- Added Calvin’s Institutes
- There is still some work to do on this. See Known Issues
- Fixed a weird layout bug when doing word studies on individual words.
- I was excited to get this out there in some form, so not everything is implemented. Calvin’s Institutes is a more complex (more levels of hierarchy, more kinds of footnotes, etc.) resource so some stuff on it is still broken. Namely:
The top/bottom quick navigation is completely busted. I’m really not sure if backlinks work at all from Scripture. Calvin’s Institutes has “sections” which are often (but not always) just one paragraph. In the book, each section starts with a number and a period (like 1. ). These are somewhat commonly used to refer you to a particular place in his work. For example, you might reference Institutes 1.2.4. I want Relight to automatically scroll you to the right section, however right now that’s broken. At best it may link you to the right paragraph, at worst everything will break and you will be sad. We’re planning to tag everywhere Calvin references his own work so that we can have backlinks. This will also work with future resources that may reference Calvin’s Institutes. Right now, only two of the 70 or so references are tagged. They will all be tagged before launch. Also right now, tapping on a tagged Calvin’s Institutes reference just breaks. I need to figure out a good way to handle this, especially when a whole chapter is referenced. Current book cover art is just a stand-in pending @sbmikucki’s final design. I need to gracefully handle when the chapter number is 0 (for introductory stuff). I’m not sure what state sharing is in. There is a bug right now (also on production) preventing Scripture references from showing in footnotes when sharing confession articles. I want to fix that for this release.
- Just use https://beta.relight.app instead of the main domain. Easy.