Hide certain elements, change fonts & light bulb icon

Loving this so far and only been using it for 15 mins. I would like to be able to (I would pay money for these things so maybe these are “paid” feature ideas):

• take notes that are saved to my account and synced with all my devices. the notes should be easily viewed, with one tap or one click, but shouldn’t require that a note icon be displayed (i.e. you should be able to add a note to a highlight and the highlight should be enough)

• change the fonts

• toggle between different light bulb / light icons… maybe a cross… etc

• hide certain elements such as certain commentaries possibly … I know the ones you have are there for a reason, but if you add the RSB for example (which I know you mentioned in a video so I’m assuming you will eventually try to get it - I also requested it in the Resource forum), then it might be better to just have one or two resources listed and hide the rest). I personally like only seeing what I actively use, so even though you are curating resources carefully, there may be users that don’t use all of them and would like to hide one or two, to simplify things.

Thank you so much for using the app and giving your feedback. We always genuinely appreciate this. I’ll respond point by point.

• Notes: Yes! This is a feature we want to add. The difficulty is twofold. First, it’s a tremendous responsibility to store notes for users. We would never, ever want to be the reason someone loses their notes, given how valuable they can be. So we want to do it right. Secondly, most Bible apps don’t end-to-end encrypt your notes (I’m actually not aware of any that do), so your private thoughts are accessible to anyone with admin rights to the database (which might include support personnel, developers, etc.). If we implement this, we want to make it possible for users to encrypt their notes in a way that means only they can read them. This is a non-trivial technical problem.
  • Change the fonts: We will likely add support for some amount of this. One font we know we want to add is OpenDyslexic, as it aids some dyslexic people in reading. We’ll probably never have a big list of 100 fonts, but I do like the idea of giving people a curated list of fonts we think are appropriate for the platform. One thing to keep in mind is that we were super careful in picking out fonts to try to optimize for 1) readability/legibility, and 2) aesthetics. Most people aren’t trained in design, and if given unlimited options for fonts, will often make decisions detrimental to one or both of these principles. So we want to be careful, but also allow for people to have choices.
  • Lightbulb icon functionality: I’ll be honest, I don’t know if we’ll ever do this. I’m definitely not saying no, but my wife worked pretty hard on the design of this icon and we really like it. It communicates “shed light on this thing I’m reading,” and if we had other icons, we’d want to make sure they communicated the same thing for usability and consistency purposes. Since it’s just Sarah and me working on this app, I’m not sure this will ever rise to a level of priority as to actually get done, since we’d have to build the feature and design the alternative icons.
  • Hiding resources: Yes! Right now, Relight has so few resources, we think it makes sense just to show them all. But our plan in the long term as we add more resources is to let people select their favorites and put the others behind some sort of “everything else” button.

Thanks again for your thoughts! I’ll address the RSB request in the thread you made for that. Also, I apologize for how long it took me to reply.