Numbering differences in WLC

I’m not sure where to put this, it is more of a question. I just got a copy of Banner of Truth’s new imprint of the Westminster documents and I was comparing WLC 113 in Relight to the one in the printed book. On Relight, there are 39 footnotes and in the Banner of Truth book, there are 38. What is interesting is that this moves some of the references to refer to different parts of the paragraph. For example, my passage under study is Acts 19. I see that footnote 26 in Relight contains Acts 19:13 and refers to the part of the paragraph that reads

“Vain janglings, or the maintaining of false doctrines”

In the print copy, footnote 26 including Acts 19:13 refers to the next section that reads

“abusing it, the creatures, or anything contained under the name of God, to charms”

I’m not sure what’s going on here, but I’d assume there is something strange with numbering the footnotes.

Thanks for reporting this. @honza: Do you have any thoughts on this, given that you compiled the data? I’m wondering if there are different editions, like there are with the WCF, maybe.

1 Like