- We’ve added Matthew Henry’s Commentary on the Westminster Shorter Catechism!
- To clarify, you can get to it a few ways:
- Scrolling to the bottom of the library on the homepage and clicking on it, then clicking on a question number.
- Typing Henry WSC: and then a question number into the Omnibar (case insensitive, and you don’t even need the space, e.g. henrywsc: 21)
- Go to the Westminster Shorter Catechism, click the lightbulb icon for a question, then you’ll see this commentary in the Commentaries section.
- Additionally, like all the resources we add, you will see this commentary content show up in the backlinks section when studying a Scripture passage, and in the Related Content section when studying content throughout the site.
- Other changes:
- Fixed some layout issues around commentaries.
- Fixed an issue with commentaries in backlinks.
This should be really useful for family catechesis, since it’s not-too-short and not-too-long. We’re super excited about this release because it’s a big step toward Relight becoming a proper “Reformed Theology Study App.” Mind you, no one had ever really made one of those before, so we could have duct-taped an old motherboard to the back of a copy of Calvin’s Institutes and said we were done. But that would be silly. We wouldn’t do that.
For us, a reformed theology study app is an app that connects theology systematically and by reference. It lets you study the catechisms and confessions just like you would study a verse in a Bible study app.